Friday, November 26, 2010

Conan Season 1 Episode 12 Jim Parsons Marisa Miller

Earn upto Rs. 9,000 pm checking Emails. Join now!You've no doubt seen Marisa Miller, either gracing the pages of "Sports Illustrated's" Swimsuit Issue or walking the Victoria's Secret runway or, most recently, promoting the NFL.

But there's also a chance you've caught sight of her her flying down the highway on her motorcycle -- and didn't even realize it.

"Sometimes when I'm riding my bike, I have my full face helmet on. People can't tell it's Marisa Miller, but they know it's a girl," Miller said with a laugh during an interview with FanHouse Tuesday. "I get a lot of guys giving thumbs-up and honking their horns.

"It's cool to break stereotypes. I've met a lot of women who ride -- 23 percent of riders are women. I got my own bike and it's one of the best things that I've ever done."
Harley-Davidson, wisely taking advantage of the fact that one of the world's most recognizable women rides their bikes, recruited Miller to help them pay tribute to United States service personnel the world over for "Military Appreciation Month," which centers around Veteran's Day.

Through its website, Harley-Davidson is offering people the opportunity to create personalized messages of thanks for active and retired military members. Those messages are then paired with a postcard featuring Miller posing on a military-themed motorcycle.
"Anytime when you're passionate about something personally and you can work that into your career and your platform, it's amazing," Miller said. "This is definitely near and dear to my heart. My grandfather is a veteran, my uncle is a veteran, so it was a great opportunity. This was actually a dream come true."
Miller's ever-rising star also landed her a gig with as a spokesperson for the NFL. Her first order of business was to travel to England for the league's now-annual game across the pond -- this year, a matchup between the Broncos and 49ers, Miller's favorite team. Miller spent the week prior to the game in and around London, helping to promote the NFL. And she will continue to appear in print and TV spots for the league, especially surrounding high-profile events, like the Super Bowl.
"I was really surprised how many people in the U.K. support American football, know all about the game," Miller said. "Everybody was decked out in NFL jerseys, not just the 49ers and Broncos but all the teams. I was really surprised to see the support the sport had over there ... it was really exciting."


No comments:

Post a Comment